California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
10th Grade: California Science Test (CAST)
· All 10th grade students – the CAST is an online, summative assessment based on the California Next
Generation Science Standards.
· This year is a pilot test and results will not be shared with the school.
· This test should take one hour to complete and our students will test with their Science class March
29th – April 4th.
11th Grade: Smarter Balanced English language arts/literacy (ELA) and Mathematics (SBA)
All 11th grade students – Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA and mathematics are next-generation assessments that were developed by the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, a multistate, state-led consortium. These tests are aligned to the Common Core state Standards in ELA and mathematics that accurately measure student progress toward college and career readiness.
· Estimated time to complete ELA is 3.5 hours and Mathematics is 3 hours.
· Students will test with their English class.
· ELA testing dates: April 10th – April 13th
· Mathematics testing dates: April 18th – April 21st